Giving nature to your skin with cheonnyeoncho grown on a 1,256 meter high mountain in Gangwon Province

신태섭 기자l승인2021.09.29l수정2021.09.29 15:48

크게

작게

메일

인쇄

신고

   
▲ Pyeongchang Cheongoksan Cheonnyeoncho Farming Cooperative / President Keonghee Kim

(PowerKorea) Cheonnyeoncho, opuntia humifusa, is also known as a fan cactus. It blooms yellow flower in May to June and fruits are harvested in October. The plant survives the harsh winter and the name choennyeon (a thousand years) came from the belief that it has a thousand medicinal effects. For this reason, some people call it a miracle plant. It is rich in fiber, magnesium, antioxidant, vitamin and calcium. 

Located on Cheongok Mountain, Mitan-myeon, Pyeongchang County, the Pyeongchang Cheongoksan Cheonnyeoncho Farming Cooperative is growing choennyeoncho eco-friendly with utmost attention to detail and love. Temperature varies greatly in winter there around 20℃ in a day and the wind chill makes you feel the temperature as low as -35℃. In this harsh environment, cheonnyeoncho survives and grows. 

“It probably is the highest (1,256 meters above sea level) cheonnyeoncho farm in the nation. The plant grows with dews and rains in the clean and natural environment free from chemical fertilizers and pesticides and also in clean water source protection zones completely closed off from the outside sources of pollutants. All we (Kim couple) do is to pick up the weeds and the weeds become natural fertilizer the next year” says Keonghee Kim, President of the Pyeongchang Cheongoksan Cheonnyeoncho Farming Cooperative.

One of the cheonnyeoncho byproducts is Rapha Reri Korean Cactus Natural Moisture Mask. The content of cheonnyeoncho is 97% and the rest 3% are extract of lavender and mandarin. The mask contains no purified water or preservatives. The moisture is absorbed deep into the skin and one might feel her skin becoming bright and transparent after applying. As it is less sticky, it is ideal to use in the morning before makeup or going out or you can even sleep with the mask on your face as it has no chemical substances, boasts Kim.

Thanks to this excellent functions, Rapha Reri Korean Cactus Natural Moisture Mask has been exported to the US, Mexico, Ecuador, Bolivia, Chile, Japan, Vietnam, Mongolia and Russia. The mask obtained certificates from FDA US and CPMP Europe. 

With confidence gained from the mask, Kim also released a cheonnyeocho serum Rapa Peri and it is being exported together with the mask. The content of cheonnyeoncho is 85% and it is effective to keep the balance of skin, ease the troubles and maintains the moisture, according to Kim.

Cheonnyeoncho stem soap, on the other hand, boasts excellent effect in easing itches and cleaning the skin thoroughly. Other products include cheonnyeoncho noodle, cheonnyeoncho powder and cheonnyeoncho fruit powder which can be mixed with water for an easy take.

PowerKorea is an official partner of Herald Corporation. The magazine is distributed to the KOTRA business centers in the world. PowerKorea publishes latest news of government, Samsung, Hyundai and LG and endeavors to serve a platform to engage with people around the world.


신태섭 기자  tss79@naver.com
<저작권자 © 월간파워코리아, 무단 전재 및 재배포 금지>

신태섭 기자의 다른기사 보기
가장 많이 본 기사
여백
여백
신문사소개기사제보광고문의불편신고개인정보취급방침청소년보호정책이메일무단수집거부
㈜뉴스앤매거진 파워코리아 대표 백종원  |   서울특별시 광진구 중곡동 162-3번지 2층  |  대표전화 : 02-466-5085  |  팩스 : 02-444-0454
대표메일/제휴광고문의 : bridgekorea@naver.com  |  개인정보관리책임자 : 백종원(bridgekorea@naver.com)  |  사업자등록번호 : 591-87-01957
청소년보호책임자 : 백종원
Disclaimer: PowerKorea makes an article based on the information of products and/or services provided in paper and/or in interview by the company, the organization or the person that is solely responsible for the information.
Copyright © 2008 - 2021 월간파워코리아. All rights reserved.